How to Apply
1. Call your local county health department.
2. Call toll-free at 1-888-942-4673 for the agency closest to you.
To qualify, you must:
- meet income requirements;
- be a resident of Alabama; and
- be seen by a health professional at the WIC clinic.
If you think you may qualify, please call your local county health department to make an appointment.
At the WIC appointment, you will need to bring:
- proof of residency (a document with your street address on it, such as a lease or bill);
- proof of identity (a driver's license); and
- proof of income (pay stubs) or proof of enrollment in a state program (automatic income eligibility if currently enrolled in Medicaid, SNAP or Food Assistance).
Once the above is documented, you will be evaluated for a nutritional risk which is the other main qualifying factor in determining benefit eligibility for pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children under five.
Please call 1-888-942-4673 to obtain further information.