The Sylacauga Branch of the Talladega County Health Department is a direct service provider of care in the homes of residents of Talladega, Tallapoosa, Clay, Calhoun and Coosa Counties.
Life care services are provided under contract for many specialized federal and state-funded programs for the disabled and elderly.
Life care services may also be purchased by individuals through The Options Program. To find out how to purchase Life Care services, call 256-207-2674 or toll-free 1-866-304-1058.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Life Care Services Offered
- Homemaker services include light housekeeping, meal preparation, and running errands to purchase groceries, medicine, and medical supplies.
- Companion services include engaging the patient in conversation and other stimulating activities appropriate for the patient's level of physical and mental health.
- Nursing services are provided as agreed upon and ordered by a physician to restore, maintain, and promote the health status of patients through home support.
- Personal care services include assistance with eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Skilled and unskilled respite services, consisting of short-term care provided to individuals unable to care for themselves, in the absence of their primary caregiver.
- Telehealth services for Medicaid Patient First clients includes monitoring blood pressure, blood glucose, and weight from client's home. This program is only available for Medicaid Patient First clients.