The Center for Health Statistics collects and tabulates health-related statistical data and operates the vital records system for the State of Alabama.
The Statistical Analysis Division in the Center for Health Statistics conducts studies and provides analysis of health data for public health policy and surveillance. Staff prepare various statistical analyses of natality, pregnancy, general mortality, infant mortality, causes of death, marriage, divorce, and other demographic and health-related data for the state and its geographical regions.
The Statistical Query System is available for creating tables and showing frequencies of Alabama resident births and deaths.
The Center also files, stores, and issues certified copies of vital records including birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates for events that occur in Alabama. For more information on birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates, visit Vital Records.
- County Health Profiles, 2013 (3.6 MB)
- Alabama Vital Statistics, 2013 (1.9 MB)
- Selected Maternal and Child Health Statistics, 2013 (1.4 MB)
- Alabama Vital Statistics At a Glance, 2013
- Total Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2011-2013
- Total White Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2011-2013
- Total Black and Other Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2011-2013
- Infant Mortality, 2013
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy Occurring in Alabama, 2013
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy for Residents of Alabama, 2013
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy by Facility and Probable Postfertilization Age, Alabama, 2013
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy by Facility and Termination Procedure, Alabama, 2013
- PRAMS Unintended Pregnancies in Alabama Fact Sheet, 2009-2011
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2011 (2.8 MB)
View Archived Publications