Alabama Healthcare Data Advisory Council
The Mike Denton Infection Reporting Act provided for the creation of an 18 member Healthcare Data Advisory Council.
The Healthcare Data Advisory Council:
- assists the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Program in developing regulations and standards necessary to implement the provisions of this act.
- reviews and serves as consultants on matters related to any reports or publications made by the ADPH HAI Program prior to release.
- serves as consultants to the ADPH HAI Program on matters relating to the protection, collection, and dissemination of healthcare-associated infection data.
- Thomas Miller, M.D.,State Health Officer – Chair
Six appointees by the Alabama Hospital Association, and two are required to be infection control professionals:
- Keith Granger, President/CEO, Trinity Medical Center
- Beth Anderson, Administrator, USA Medical Center
- Patty Miller, Manager of Infection Control and Prevention, Baptist Medical Center South
- Brenda Duncan, Director of Quality, Russell Medical Center
- Donald Jones, FACHE, Administrator, Fayette Medical Center
- Roslyn Jett-Mitchell, RN, BSN,CIC, Infection Prevention, Huntsville Hospital
Three appointees by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama:
- Claude Kinzer, M.D.
- Julie Booth, M.D.
- Randall Weaver, M.D.
Two appointees by the Business Council of Alabama:
One appointee by the Mineral District Medical Society:
One consumer member appointee by the Governor:
One appointee by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama:
- Susan Warren, Health Information Technology
One appointee by the Alabama Association of Health Plans:
- Michael O’Malley, Executive Director
One appointee by the State Health Officer from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology:
One appointee by the Public Education Employees Health Insurance Plan:
One appointee by the State Employees Insurance Board:
- Debbie Taylor, Clinical Director
Advisory Council Meetings
The council meetings are subject to the Open Meeting Act and are posted on the Secretary of State Calendar at least one week prior to the meeting.
Advisory Council Minutes