Alabama's Plan First Program is a family planning program for women ages 19 to 55. Family planning can help you and your family to have a better life.
Plan First provides:
- a yearly family planning exam
- care support from a social worker or nurse
- some types of birth control, such as birth control pills and Depo-Provera shots
- tubal ligation (tube tying) for women 21 years or older
- lab work, such as testing for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases
- help in planning when to have a baby
Plan First Requirements
Most women who have children on SOBRA Medicaid are automatically enrolled in Plan First. If you or your children are not on SOBRA Medicaid, you may still be eligible for Plan First.
To be eligible for Plan First, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- live in Alabama
- be a United States citizen or be in this country legally
- be a woman between the ages of 19 and 55
- have not had surgery to prevent pregnancy
- meet income requirements
How to Apply for Plan First
For more information concerning applying for Plan First, please visit the Plan First website or visit the Etowah County Health Department.