The Jessica Elkins Act (SB0075, Act #2014-274) requires local school systems to provide meningococcal disease and vaccine information to parents of sixth through twelfth grade students. Download the ADPH Meningococcal Flyer for Schools.
CDC General Meningococcal Information provides answers to frequently asked questions, including the following:
- What is meningitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of meningitis?
- How is meningitis diagnosed?
- Can meningitis be treated?
- Is meningitis contagious?
- Are there vaccines against meningitis?
The CDC created this Vaccine Information Statement (Meningococcal) with more information about the disease and its vaccine.