Measles 2015: What We Need to Know - Visit ADPH's Immunization page for the latest information on the recent measles outbreaks, including a presentation from Dr. Karen Landers, Assistant State Health Officer.
Requests for Proposals: Alabama Abstinence Education and Personal Responsibility Education Programs - The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch (APPB) has two new grant opportunities available. Proposals are due by April 20.
Ebola Virus Disease - Visit ADPH's Ebola Virus Disease page for the latest information on the 2014 outbreak, including our Quarantine Policy.
Scale Back Alabama - The free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it runs from January 6 to April 24.
AlPHA Conference - The 59th Annual AlPHA Education Conference will be held April 8-10 at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center in Montgomery, Alabama.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Conference - The 24th Annual University of South Alabama Obstetrics and Gynecology Conference will be held April 16-17 at the Daphne Civic Center.
12th Annual FOCUS Rally - The 12th Annual FOCUS Rally for grades 7-12 will be held at Shocco Springs Conference Center in Talladega, Alabama, on April 30.
Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch Annual Conference - Registration is now open for the APPB Annual Conference, which will be held May 19-20 at Auburn University Montgomery's Taylor Center. This year's theme is "Insight, Answers and Opportunities."
March Health Observances
- National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- National Endometriosis Awareness Month
- National Kidney Month
- National Nutrition Month
- National Social Work Month
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week, March 1-7
- National School Breakfast Week, March 2-6
- National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, March 10
- World Kidney Day, March 12
- National Poison Prevention Week, March 15-21
- Flood Safety Awareness Week, March 15-21
- National Native American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, March 20
- World Tuberculosis Day, March 24
- American Diabetes Alert Day, March 24
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?