Infant Mortality Collaborative Effort - ADPH is working on a collaborative effort, the Alabama Perinatal Excellence Collaborative (APEC), to lower infant mortality and improve maternal and infant health in Alabama. The March of Dimes has funded the PEACE-P smart phone app that provides obstetric providers with easy access to APEC guidelines at the point of care.
Lab Testing Requisition Form - Beginning January 1, 2014, the Bureau of Clinical Laboratories (BCL) is requiring that healthcare providers who do not use the State Lab's Webportal provide patient insurance information for all specimens, except newborn screening, submitted to the Lab for testing.
Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch Funding Opportunities - The ADPH Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch has two grant opportunities: Alabama Abstinence Education Program and Alabama Personal Responsibility Education Program. Proposals will be accepted through May, 2014.
ACCCC Quarterly Meeting - The Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Control Coalition will meet on April 18 at Turenne PharMedCo in Montgomery. The featured speaker will be David Allred of Stamp Ideas, presenting "Social Media 101" for health professionals.
Eco-Healthy Child Care Train the Trainer - Learn the free or low-cost steps that child care providers can take to protect the children in their care from common environmental hazards in this 5.5 hour Train the Trainer session on May 12.
Annual Women's Health 5K Run and 1 Mile Mother-Daughter Walk - Registration is now open for the Annual Women's Health 5K Run and 1 Mile Mother-Daughter Walk taking place on May 10 in Montgomery and on May 17 in Homewood.
April Health Observances
- National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
- National Donate Life Month
- National Minority Health Month
- National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- STI Awareness Month
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week, April 7-11
- National Public Health Week, April 7-13
- National Infant Immunization Week, April 26-May 3
- Air Quality Awareness Week, April 28-May 2
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
04-15-14 - Statewide 'SADD Day' set for May 1
01-27-14 - Are you eligible for WIC?