Health Care Facility Annual License Renewal - All 2015 health care facility licenses will expire December 31, 2015. Any health care facility that does not renew its license by December 31, 2015, or does not renew its license and pay the accrued late fees by January 31, 2016, will no longer be licensed.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Card - Alabamians who have a diagnosis that falls within the autism spectrum disorder may now apply for an identification card that can assist in their interactions with first responders and law enforcement officers during potentially stressful situations.
Fishing Consumption Advisories - Concern about protecting the public from possible exposure to mercury from eating fish led to the issuance of several new fish consumption advisories for Alabama.
16th Annual Perinatal Conference - Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is offering a one-day continuing education conference on perinatal topics on Friday, October 23, 2015 at the Dowdle Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
Candlelight Memorial In Honor of Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day - On October 15, everyone is invited to join in the lighting of candles in remembrance of pregnancy and infant loss. This day is observed worldwide with the International Wave of Light, a lighting of candles at 7 p.m. to remember those that left our lives too soon.
12th Annual Alabama Youth Council - On Thursday, October 8. over 900 students and school leaders from across Alabama will join in Montgomery for the Alabama Youth Council. Registration is due by October 2. Professional development and CEUs will be provided for STI-PD and Social Work.
October Health Observances
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- International Walk to School Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 4-10
- Drive Safely Work Week, October 5-9
- Bone and Joint Health National Action Week, Oct. 12-20
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day, October 15
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, Oct. 15
- International Infection Prevention Week, Oct. 18-24
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
09-28-15 - Shellfish growing waters closed