On Demand Program
Return to On Demand Menu
Guidelines and Standards for Weapons of Mass Destruction Response
Broadcast Date: August 3, 2006
(1 hour, 30 minutes)
Effective response to a terrorist Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) attack depends on the capability of local responding agencies to rapidly focus available assets in accordance with valid operational plans to save lives to the greatest extent possible. This will require a portfolio of models based on good science and a workable command, with control and logistics adapted to local conditions.
The goals of this program are to:
1. Identify unresolved issues in WMD disaster planning and response.
2. Propose models for operational response.
3. Highlight operational challenges inherent in these models.
4. Suggest useful standards and guidelines.
5. Provoke discussion and evaluation of existing plans and processes.
6. Develop capabilities for consequence management of WMD events.
Colonel Joseph J. Contiguglia, USAF, MC, CFS
Director, Operational Medicine
Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi
None for this program.
Contact for Technical Assistance
(334) 206-5618 or email ALPHTN
Back to Top