Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
Standing Order on Naloxone Distribution - Read the standing order from the State Health Officer on Naloxone distribution for overdose prevention and download the Naloxone Client Form.
Epinephrine Auto-Injector - Will you be using an epinephrine auto-injector? Get training on how and when to use them, and report the incident in the event you have to use one.
Babypalooza Events - Baby and maternity expos where moms can learn about products and meet experts who can answer questions are being held in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, and Mobile.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings (April - November) - Several county health departments are offering free prostate cancer screenings.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Food Allergy Action Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- Hand Hygiene Day, May 5
- National Women's Health Week, May 14-20
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 15-21
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 26
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2017 Calendar | 2016 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
05-19-17 - Ensure healthy and safe swimming this season